Audacious in every respect, the Legion is still running its standard course for those who are seminary fomators.
The course is organised around theological, pedagogical and pastoral topics.
- The function of the minister of formation
- Principles of the training process
- Ecclesial dimensions of the seminary vocation
- Following Christ and prayer
- The human maturation of seminarians
- Contribution of psychology in the training process
- Pastoral charity and its channels
- Intellectual and academic development
If you've been wondering where Fr Bannon and Fr Kearns will be in June, look no further than the Regina Apostolorum. Fr Kearns in particular is the one who wrote this:
I publicly defended our founder as spokesman for the Legion of Christ ... I trusted him and his profession of innocence ... The 1997 allegations of Father Maciel’s sexual abuse came as a complete shock to the Legionaries of Christ. We couldn’t believe that the allegations against our founder were true... Even when the Vatican invited Father Maciel in 2006 to a retired life of prayer and penance, and it was obvious to many that he was considered guilty, the absence of a public explanation for the move allowed me to hope against hope that he was innocent... Nothing in my experience of our founder prepared me to believe his victims — nothing ... All of these revelations have been extraordinarily difficult for me to comprehend, let alone assimilate.
And yet this band of previously "duped" men still have the audacity to offer help in guiding those who form future priests.