"Mercy" kindly points out that there is a tremendous new blog which has the potential to be very helpful for those who spent time in the pre-candidacy:
This blog is an account of the experiences of former Precandidates of the Regnum Christi Movement. Many of us suffered real mental and emotional damage in our years at Immaculate Conception Academy. We share our stories here to warn parents of the very real dangers of handing your daughters over to this flawed institution. What you see when your daughters come home for a week at Christmas and two weeks in the summer is not what happens the other 49 weeks of the year.
It offers brutally honest testimonies of former students, and mature efforts to dissect their experiences. While anyone can comment, the posts themselves seem to have been offered through a private Facebook account. Kudos for the initiative, and prayers for further healing of this generous group of young women.
ADDENDUM: Longtime reader Deirdre Mundy kindly breaks down the strategy into bite-sized pieces.
1. They isolated the girls from their peers and families at a very vulnerable age (when a girl's allegience is normally shifting from family-oriented to peer-oriented);
2. They redirected this natural shift so that the allegience would shift to the 3gF leaders, in the absence of anyone else to serve as a role model or companion;
3. They forbid the sort of close friendships that usually sustain and strengthen girls in their teen years, and replaced them with a reliance on Maciel's conception of Jesus (which overlapped with himself to a high degree);
4. They then worked to instill in the girls that they weren't good enough or loveable enough and that they had to work harder to be likeable enough for God (i.e. the anecdote about reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" in order to transform oneself into 3gF material);
5. They were fed a sort of Pelagianism--that their own efforts, actions, and results were what made them holy;
6. They were constantly beaten down in secret, but told to plaster a smile on in public, so each broken girl faced a mass of 'serenity.' This ensured they all suffered alone, without support;
7. When they left, they were told it was their own fault.
None of this was accidental. It was all written into the system. PC was DESIGNED to break these girls and hurt them and abuse them.